ve wanted to tidy up his portable sound effects rack. The main problem was a pile of various power brick adapters he had to manage every time he deployed the rack. The first part of the problem was a DBX160A compressor that had to be powered by 120 volts:

 We did not have a single 230V transformer of sufficient power on hand, so we connected 3 smaller ones in parallel, like the three Graces:

Then we put a toroidal 9V transformer into a case from an old compressor. Also, we added a block of female IEC sockets from an old UPS we took apart and have a tidy local 230V distribution: 4 9V and 230V AC outputs.

An inside view of the rack:

 And now we can get rid of these!